2017 Challenge Tour Dates
Meanwhile, fewer people have been signing up for guided tours. It seems as we’re going through a period in which people prefer to go save a bit of money and take care of the details themselves.
Our independent tours remain stable and our rental business grows every year, which seems to confirm this trend.
For this reason, we’ve decided to offer only one guided tour in 2017. Our most popular itinerary: The Challenge Tour.
This 10-night guided tour will be limited to 18 – 20 riders and will take place from June 20th- June 30th, 2017.
Those riders registering early can keep the 2016 tour prices until January 1st, at which time the prices will go up around 5%.
All New Fleet of Rental Bikes in 2017
- Our Trek 720s will be replaced by The Tour Des Alpes Road.
The Tour des Alpes Road will have the same frame, gearing and specifications as our current Tour des Alpes Hybrid, except with road bike handlebars and shifting.
- Our Trek Emonda S6 will be upgraded to the Emonda SL6.
- Our Trek Domane 5.9 will be replaced by the Domane SL7.
Sale: Buy our Used Rental Bikes
Our new rental bikes are now on sale. You’ll find them all here on this page: Used Rental Bikes
- All of these bikes have been in our fleet a maximum of 18 months and are fully serviced.
- Any tires, brake pads, handlebar tape, etcetera showing significant wear have been changed.
- All bikes have a 30-day shop guarantee. If something goes wrong in that time, we’ll fix it.
- Take the bike out for a short test ride to make sure it’s right for you.
- Some bikes will need to be held until the end of our season in October for rentals. However, you may put a 100 chf deposit down on the bike to reserve.
Bike Club Switzerland Fall Rides
We’ve been having some great weather this September.
Nevertheless, the days are getting shorter and so our last Thursday Night Ride will be September 29th.
Sunset on that date is at 7:19pm. Everyone should have some lights on their bikes to remain visible.
Our Saturday morning rides are likely to go on through October. We’re waiting for ride leaders to confirm.
Speaking of which, do you have what it takes to be a Bike Switzerland Ride Leader for 2017 ?
We’re looking for one or two more riders to join our team for Spring 2017.
We require leaders to have enough free time to commit to leading at least 2-3 rides per month.
In exchange, leaders get free shop kit and deep shop discounts.
If you think this might be for you, let us know before the 2017 spring season begins.